About FetchrFetchr is a tech company disrupting the traditional logistics sector through the power of technology. Our mission is to empower all deliveries with technology. We are bringing the next generation of logistics to the Middle East and emerging markets as a whole. We are a team of digital natives with deep logistics expertise, backed by a strong management team and top investors from the world.
Job DescriptionThe database administrator at Fetchr will be responsible for managing, provisioning, configuring, administering, monitoring, and maintaining the database systems supporting various parts of Fetchr to make the company runs smoothly.
Responsibilities ● Establish standards, guidelines and best practices for all database operations.
● Monitor and manage database availability and performance.
● Apply security best practices to database deployments.
● Plan and execute periodic database maintenance such as archiving and upgrades.
● Troubleshoot and solve all database performance issues including database configuration, Linux OS configurations related to DB and the like
Required Skills ● Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent experience.
● Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in managing production grade database systems.
● Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic, analytical skills.
● Experience with monitoring systems such as nagios, cacti, newrelic or other tools.
● Good scripting skills.
● Fluent with Linux operating systems.
● Strong experience with postgresql and/or mysql.
● Can be a team player and also work independently.
● Familiar with cloud database services such as AWS RDS.
● Experience in SQL and query optimization to reduce computational cost and response time.
● Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.