About BECO CapitalBECO Capital is a Venture Capital firm based in Dubai investing in early stage technology companies in the MENA region. We aim to support the technology revolution in the Middle East through investing in smart, early stage internet and mobile companies in the MENA region, founded by amazing entrepreneurs that are creating transformational solutions that solve large regional and global problems.
Job DescriptionAs an analyst on the BECO Capital investment team, you will be involved in all aspects of venture capital fund and direct investing operations, with a focus on both quantitative and qualitative analysis. We are open to candidates ranging from soon-to-be college graduates to candidates with a graduate degree and/or several years of relevant work experience to join our growing team.
Responsibilities ● Support deal team leader by applying in-house investment selection criteria and continuously challenging and innovating this process
● Lead and conduct detailed due diligence, industry research and financial modelling to produce deal memos
● Address concerns and feedback raised by the deal team and investment committee by carrying out additional research and testing of hypotheses
● Carry out sensitivity analyses to address risks and produce differentiated scenarios to test IRRs and investment hurdles
● Create customised dashboards for portfolio companies and regularly optimise for management reporting
● Work with BECO portfolio companies on activities including but not limited to research projects, competitor analysis, and valuation workings
● Keep track of macro trends within the specific investment theme of the fund
● Source investment opportunities by tracking promising early stage technology companies using data, social signals, research, etc.
● Help the Deal Team manage the investment pipeline by assisting with inbound requests, and systematizing proactive follow-ups
Required Skills ● Intellectual curiosity in technology or startups is a must
● 1-2 years of experience working in VC/PE, investment banking, consulting or tech
● Comfortable modeling in Excel and using other Microsoft Office tools
● Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
● Ability to manage multiple projects and work on tight deadlines
● Proactive and self-motivated
● Understanding of the Middle Eastern tech landscape is a plus