About TP ConnectsTPConnects is a new generation travel booking solution: an innovative cloud based
travel booking and distribution tool for airlines, travel agencies, online travel agencies
and tour operators with a merchandising engine.
Job DescriptionAre you a professional Build Engineer, DevOps Engineer, or Configuration Manager? Do you live to automate software builds and deployments? Do you excel in Agile/Scrum environments? If you're creative, driven, self-motivated, and enjoy working with world-class QA Analysts and Developers, TPConnects may be for you!
As our DevOps Engineer, you'll handle the building and deployment of multiple commercial software packages to internal and external environments. You'll apply best practices of software configuration management to all projects. You will help define and support a continuous integration and continuous delivery model by automating software build and deployment processes. You will maintain the version control system (branching model, security, etc.) and build plans and scripts. The ideal candidate for this role is a tech-savvy, experienced professional with a positive attitude who will continuously strive to improve and automate our build and release processes.
Responsibilities ● Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
● Manage risksand resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
● Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
● Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
● Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
● Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
● Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
● Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
● Weekly Release Reporting
● Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
● Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
● Work with engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
● Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
● Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
● Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
● Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
● Participate in CABmeetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
● Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
● Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
Required Skills ● Jenkins
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
● 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
● 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
● Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
● Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
● Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
● Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must